How to Use Medical Marijuana for Trauma Patients
How to Use Medical Marijuana for Trauma Patients
People who suffered musculoskeletal trauma, most believed medical cannabis can lessen postinjury and postoperative pain, stating decreasing of pain indications and easing opioid reliance, according to previously published research results. The Harvard Medical School Orthopedic Trauma Initiative, Michael J. Weaver, and his colleagues surveyed 500 patients about their history and thoughts of cannabis medication for pain in musculoskeletal injury.
The information showed that 78 percent of sufferers felt cannabis could cure their pain and 62 percent believed that it could cure anxiety. So, 60 percent of these people had used marijuana before versus to those 14 percent who reported using cannabis only followed their injury. The outcomes also show that 90 percent of people who used cannabis while recovering believed it lessens symptoms of pain. Scientists also estimated that 81 percent of patients who are cannabis users during their recovery thought that it decreases the amount of opioid pain treatment they currently use.
Cannabis was classified as being Sativa-dominant or Indica-dominant. Both kinds have high strains in CBD. The sativa strains serve to produce consumers with uplifting, stimulating results. This is advantageous when you want more energy or needs to stay alarmed. With sleep problems, an Indica strain can be a better alternative. It will help you sleep better, so the user often feels sleepy.
Ingestion method- is another constituent in making your medication plan. These are some of the ingestion methods:
- Smoking. The plant gets burned in the sense of combustion to deliver the cannabinoids. The effects will feel immediately. Unfortunately, smoking does produce adverse effects that can trigger problems in your lungs. This may result in preventing smoking for patients experiencing traumatic brain injuries.
- Vaporizing. Another option to smoke cannabis is by vaping it. Advanced vaporizing machines heat the marijuana to a lower temperature than smoking. It releases little side effects than smoking it. However, it still provides you with almost instant results.
- Edibles. Another way of ingesting cannabis is edible merchandises. You can select from different kinds of foods mixed with marijuana, including ice cream, biscuits, popcorn, and other foods. The benefit of edible usage is the long-term results. It takes 30 minutes or more than an hour to make the full effect. Fortunately, those results will last longer than smoking or vaping.
Here are the five best strains for brain trauma:
- Sour Diesel. It is an uplifting sativa that works fine for fatigue, headaches, and loss of concentration. This painkiller effects immediately, releasing dreamy cerebral results that help in preventing headaches, depression, and fatigue as well. It is well-known among sufferers experiencing from a broader variety of circumstances like brain damages.
- Blue Cheese. Considered to be the best strain of choice when headaches and pain are stopping you from getting sleep. It is a potent indica with a distinct aroma of sweet blueberries combined with blue cheese. It is also useful for helping you handle depression, anxiety, and migraines effectively which may develop as an outcome of a strike to the head. It is a perfect strain for treating yourself during night time. It also helps you relax, and help you with your sleeping issues.
- Green Crack. This kind of strain also gives you go-to strain when brain damage is giving you trouble in concentrating, stress, fatigue, depression, and pain. The medical benefits are renowned in the medical community. Reliance on this strain is aiming for releasing a laser sharp and a high that provides long-time relief. This strain is best during daytime treatment, and the taste is also good, so you will enjoy while medicating yourself. It also energizes you during treatment that gives you the urge that you need in daily activities.
- Northern Lights. It is the most popular strains in all strains. It is one of the classic indicas that gives you a relaxed, restful sleep. Your body will become numb, from head to toe. It also cures your insomnia and also helps you relieve depression, stress, lack of appetite, and pain.
- OG Kush. It is a hybrid that has a broad range of healing efficacies for people with brain trauma and concussions as well. It may lean towards more indica, or sativa properties depend on the breeding of the strain. It is known for its potency. And in most cases, the THC levels reach as much as 27 percent. It has strong cerebral results, but in most patients considered its potential ability to cause happiness and body numbness. This will help you in recovering from a brain injury. It is also used to heal your depression, stress, and anxiety. It has strong painkilling effects that can help you alleviate your insomnia.
In this study, there is some research saying that cannabis can be useful in treating trauma. However, it really depends on what strains you are going to use and most importantly on how to use it properly. A more substantial amount of cannabis in traumatic patients may settle connectivity over the subject of the diseases in sufferers. However, not in person at low or higher than a usual genetic factor for psychotic illness, recommending cooperations between the environment and disease-associated risks. To get successful results, consult your medical marijuana specialist. Don’t self-medicate because this will give you harm and can worsen your trauma.